Thursday 25 June 2009

Weeds for Sale

Some wild flowers and plants are very beautiful, but I'd draw the line at deliberately introducing the invasive ones into a cultivated plot or garden. Not so for everyone, it seems.

My eye was drawn to a very overgrown looking area in my local garden centre the other day. 'That looks like weeds,' I thought. On taking a closer look, not only were they weeds, but they were for sale! I nearly dialled 999, Mrs Moog Keeper had to drag me away. They were in packs of six for £10, including teasel, creeping buttercup and other nasties. What were they thinking of, I wondered. "Wild Meadow Flowers" was the answer on the label! Ha! Weeds! I wasn't surprised to see they didn't seem to be selling very quickly.

Well, please do not rush out and buy a pack, I can offer FREE OF CHARGE any weed you like, fresh and organically grown direct from my plot! Please do come down and you can pick your own, if you want to. Then you too can be over-run forevermore with the damn things.

No comments:

Post a Comment