Monday 13 August 2012

Harvesting (and funny carrot picture)

There's nothing quite like bringing home a basket of fruit and veg at this time of year. I popped to the plot on my runabout bike which is an elderly Raleigh Estelle with a basket on the front. I may have picked rather too much as the ride home was a little tricky. You don't see Bradley Wiggins trying to stop potatoes flying onto the road as he goes along.

Basket of delights. Slightly too heavy for an elderly bicycle

Included in the basket are new potatoes, carrots, peas, French beans, onion, garlic and a rather nice cucumber. This is my second ever cucumber, which I hope is as nice as my first ever cucumber, which I picked a few days ago. That is another satisfying allotment feeling, trying something for the first time and finding out it's really rather good.
My first ever cucumber



Finally, as promised, the obligatory funny-looking carrot shot:

Funny looking carrots: The allotment staple.

1 comment:

  1. What this blog REALLY needs is a picture of you riding a bike with a basket on the front.

    ReplyDelete