Monday 25 February 2008

Now That's What I Call a Shed

(Storage Saga Part 3)

I had thought that I would build my own shed, but have discovered it's hard to get the materials cheaply enough. Pallets are about the cheapest way to get hold of timber but they're hard to cut up. I couldn't work out how to knock together even a small shed for less than the price of a new one. And buying a new one would have meant working out how to get it onto the site.

So, after advertising for donations again at work, I have duly accepted the offer of a large shed for the bargain price of £30, including delivery to site. The seller knew someone with a trailer who skillfully positioned it right next to the allotment. It is now piled flat in the corner of the plot waiting to be put back together. There are a couple of holes that will need patching up but otherwise it's in pretty good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment