Monday 1 November 2010

Pumkin Harvest

Moog and I have had some quite good results with butternut squash and pumpkins this year (pictured above). One big orange pumpkin (variety 'Mars') has already been eaten, along with two squashes (variety 'Avalon F1').

These will be saved for soups and for roasting as the winter draws in. I couldn't bear to risk wasting my home grown produce at halloween, so we bought some from the shops specifically to carve into lanterns.


Bizarrely, these were labelled as 'Extra Large Monsters versus Aliens Pumpkins from Outer Space.'

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic time of year! I love seeing photos of everyone's pumpkins and squash. Are the grey ones Crown Prince?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Matron I don't know, the greeny-blue pumpkins were from seeds given to me by a friend, and he doesn't know what variety they are - so you might be right!

    ReplyDelete