Friday 25 January 2008

The Moog's very blustery day

Storage Saga No.2

After a little plot maintenance, I had just put my tools away when I decided to go back to the storage box for one last item. I crouched down, the wind blew, and there I was, crouched in front of nothing but a pile of tools! The box, obviously tired of life on Plot 29 had bidden the cruel world goodbye and made a leap for it across the next allotment!

At that moment, the heavens opened, and the luckless Moog Keeper spent the next 20 minutes getting soaked in a howling gale, trying to manhandle sheets of plastic back into their rightful places as box walls and lid. Thankfully, power tools and big screws were close at hand to effect the necessary repairs.

Next project: A shed big enough to go inside when monsoon weather threatens. Hopefully strong enough not to blow away, Wizard of Oz style, with Moog as the bewildered Toto and the Moog Keeper inside!

Moog thinks, If you want to wear a blue gingham dress and red ruby slippers on the allotment, that's your lookout, just don't expect me to follow you around!

Erm, thanks Moog, that's not quite what I meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment